General Dentistry in San Antonio, TX
Most people assume that dental health is centered solely on brushing and flossing. While this is a step in the right direction, it does not end there. Regular visits to Comfort Dentistry in San Antonio, TX helps in the early diagnosis of underlying conditions.
General dentistry deal with the thorough diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of tooth problems and the provision of basic dental care. It involves procedures such as cavity fillings, cancer screening, treatment of gingivitis, and sleep apnea, among others.
Preventive Dentistry in San Antonio, TX
Preventive dentistry exists so that your conditions, like a mild toothache, do not degenerate into full-blown conditions that require intensive and extensive care. It involves cleaning teeth and removing tartar and plaque to prevent tooth decay and cavities. You can also get preventative dentistry even when you don’t have any dental issues, for instance, a mouth inspection.
Restorative dentistry is a branch of dentistry that deals with the timely restoration of the normal functioning of your teeth. Our dentists in San Antonio, TX will perform routine dental exams such as x-rays to determine the extent of trauma to your teeth. Restorative dentistry repairs damaged teeth through:
- Dental bonding – Resin resembling your tooth is applied to your tooth and hardened to restore its functionality and appearance.
- Dental fillings – Used to treat cavities in your teeth by removing the decayed tissues and filling the tooth with a filler material.
- Onlays and inlays are placed inside a cavity while onlays are placed over them.
- Dental crowns – These are placed on top of cracked, damaged, or broken teeth to bring back the functionality of your teeth.
- Implants – Are used to replace the roots of missing or damaged teeth.
- Dentures – Removable replacements of missing teeth and adjacent tissues.
- Bridges – Used to replace missing teeth permanently.
Materials we use for restorative dentistry include porcelain, metal, zirconia, and porcelain-fused-to-metals. Once we assess your dental issue, we recommend the right treatment and dental care.
Visit us today to allow our dentists at Comfort Dentistry to check your mouth for oral issues.